Review: Little Women (2019)

    So I just finished Little women 2019. The plot is basically about 4 sisters (Meg, Jo, Amy, and Beth) who struggle to face adulthood and the world in general. I will give this movie 4.5 out of 5 stars because they deserved it. This movie makes me feel the warmth of family and the hardships that the March family felt in the movie. Also, the struggles and (happiness) of having sisters are so relatable to me. Having sisters mean you can mock each other but still love them, and even the thought of them leaving somewhere far makes you feel lost. This movie also depicts the struggles of being a career woman in that era, where a woman doesn't have much choice in their life. Society at the time still insist on the ideal life of a woman is to get married and have a family. Even now in some societies, those standards are still applied. 

I love this movie so much! The characters, the acting, the costumes are just 😘👌 (also Timothee Chalamet is in it). 

Spoiler alert

    I feel somehow related to Laurie, Jo, and Amy. I can understand their conflicts and how they feel. For Laurie, I feel the same when he confessed to Jo and she didn't feel the same way. Laurie also dealt with the rejection badly. In the Paris scene, Amy confronted him at the party where he was seen drunk and with girls. He couldn't forget Jo for years until he decided to move on and be with Amy. I think it's time that he received from someone else who loved him completely.

    For Amy, I kinda understand how she felt tired of Laurie because he gave her false hope in their Paris trip by sending mixed signals. If I was Amy, I would be confused too. Also, I think it's a bit awkward for Amy to receive Laurie as her husband. He used to have a crush on Jo, her sister, isn't it weird enough? LOL. Nonetheless, I'm happy that her feelings for Laurie finally reciprocated.

    For Jo, I understand her struggles on trying to be independent on her own, and it's hard because sometimes people underestimated you just because you're a girl. It's tough out there for women who prefer not to follow the traditional ideal. And sometimes it gets lonely in our struggle. Why should we choose between love and our career? If a man can be a dad and have a career, no one will ask him if he wants to be a full-time dad or full-time worker. It's like women only have limited options but actually, we can be so much more than that. In the end, I'm happy that she decided to build a proper school for the kids in her village and found a partner that really understands her. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Lisa Jewell's "The Family Upstairs" (Spoiler Alert)

Review: Lisa Jewell's "Then She Was Gone" (Spoiler Alert)